Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

markeymark25
Regular Visitor

Power Bi Metric Scorecard Data Pull

Does anyone know if we can query from the dataset associated with Metric Scorecards?  I am not talking about usage metrics, rather the Power Bi Metrics.  

A dataset is automatically generated when you create the scorecard, but I have not found a way to pull in that data to trend historical information on your metrics - i.e. On track, behind, at risk.

3 REPLIES 3
Nlew

Yes, I was able to add the Metrics Scorecard dataset into a PBI Report and then create custom visuals and tables for the scorecard data. Surfacing the "body" check-in notes in PBI has been great, paired with an updating visual of how far off or on pace actions are from goals

southgrad10
Advocate I
Advocate I

I was wondering the exact same thing.  Did you come up with a working solution?

JOAOLBMARTINS
Helper II
Helper II

Hello,

You can query this data using the Power BI REST API. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/execute-queries

But, remember to turn on the automatic refresh over the dataset, this way the data on the Scorecard front-end will flow up to the dataset.

Another attention point is that if you're trying to pull the history from the origin dataset, you may try to create a visual with a continous X-axis only (ex: single date) and the measure you want. After, when you do the connection from this visual to a Scorecard, you'll be able to check the "Get historical data points" and then Power BI will retrieve the history presented on the visual.

Hope this helps you,

Cheers,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.