Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Outlook data - Reply to an email

Hello I am trying to see a turn around time from when an email is received to when we reply on it.  When I pull the MS outlook exchange data, I see when the email is sent, recieved, but I do not see a date of (if we replied on it).  I tried to look by id column but didn't find any relationship between the emails.  Any other thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I see it now, thanks @ChrisMendoza for your help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ChrisMendoza
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@jcastr02 - I think you would need to duplicate the original 'Mail' table and then filter the result to ([Folder Path] = "\Sent Items\").

Then you can Merge both tables where you join 'Mail Sent' with 'Mail' on [Id].

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

@ChrisMendoza  Thanks that helps - do you know where the actual Sent time would be captured for that email?

@jcastr02 - I was wrong, sorry I didn't test a little more thoroughly. This is actually not as easy as I had thought. You'll actually need to expand [Attributes] to get to [InternetMessageId]. Also in [Attributes] is [InReplyTo] which I'm sure you'll find useful. I chose this sample to show how difficult this may become:

image.png

Here are teh queries and the join:

image.png

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Thanks @ChrisMendoza it looks though as the reply email has the same sent/received date/time as the original email.  I am looking for the time the email was replied to (sent back).  Any ideas?

@jcastr02 - I don't understand what you mean? In this sample, the incoming mail was sent 3/25 and the reply was 3/27. 

image.png

Chris, May I please ask a question? I am trying to do the same and what I did was to geta  blank workbook, get the data from Exchange, leave only the columns I need plus those from Attributes. Did you seperate the queries? Like bringing in first the data about the sender and after created a new query and bought from Attributes onwards and after merged? Sorry for the silly question but this is my first time trying this. Thanks so much

I'm pretty sure I duplicated the Mail query and then joined on [Attributes.InternetMessageId]

Thank you so much! I will give it a try

I see it now, thanks @ChrisMendoza for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.