Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Outlook data - Reply to an email

Hello I am trying to see a turn around time from when an email is received to when we reply on it.  When I pull the MS outlook exchange data, I see when the email is sent, recieved, but I do not see a date of (if we replied on it).  I tried to look by id column but didn't find any relationship between the emails.  Any other thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I see it now, thanks @ChrisMendoza for your help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ChrisMendoza
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@jcastr02 - I think you would need to duplicate the original 'Mail' table and then filter the result to ([Folder Path] = "\Sent Items\").

Then you can Merge both tables where you join 'Mail Sent' with 'Mail' on [Id].

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

@ChrisMendoza  Thanks that helps - do you know where the actual Sent time would be captured for that email?

@jcastr02 - I was wrong, sorry I didn't test a little more thoroughly. This is actually not as easy as I had thought. You'll actually need to expand [Attributes] to get to [InternetMessageId]. Also in [Attributes] is [InReplyTo] which I'm sure you'll find useful. I chose this sample to show how difficult this may become:

image.png

Here are teh queries and the join:

image.png

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Thanks @ChrisMendoza it looks though as the reply email has the same sent/received date/time as the original email.  I am looking for the time the email was replied to (sent back).  Any ideas?

@jcastr02 - I don't understand what you mean? In this sample, the incoming mail was sent 3/25 and the reply was 3/27. 

image.png

Chris, May I please ask a question? I am trying to do the same and what I did was to geta  blank workbook, get the data from Exchange, leave only the columns I need plus those from Attributes. Did you seperate the queries? Like bringing in first the data about the sender and after created a new query and bought from Attributes onwards and after merged? Sorry for the silly question but this is my first time trying this. Thanks so much

I'm pretty sure I duplicated the Mail query and then joined on [Attributes.InternetMessageId]

Thank you so much! I will give it a try

I see it now, thanks @ChrisMendoza for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.