Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

lgonzalezperez
Regular Visitor

Non-numeric data

Hello. I have trouble understanding how to proceed in cases like this. This is a table with call data from a call center. The main data to display is the number of contacts achieved (Contact column, Contact value) and I must segment it according to time band and day of the week. I must also show the quantity of each of the call results (Yes, not, error, Answer machine, etc.) and also filter them by day of the week and by time band. I would greatly appreciate your help. Kind regards.

screenshot.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Create a Calendar Table with calculated column formulas for Year, Month name and Month number.  Likewise, create a Time Table with 24 rows representing each hour of the day.  In another column, create Time bands.  Create a relationship (Many to One and Single) from he two columns of your Data Table to the 2 tables created (Calendar and Time).  To your visuals/slicer/filters, drag Date/time from the 2 created tables.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.