Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

VL345
Frequent Visitor

Network DAX

Hello! 

I have a question regarding DAX Networkdays - is there any way how I can use this function and also be able to use output data from this function for further calculations? 

problem: I have two dates and I need to define working days between those, after I have them I want to multiply it by some static numbers. 

example : 1.1-5.1.2022, working days: 5, working days * rate * XY 

So far I found the networkdays working as a measure and I'm not able to import those data into powerquery to do some further calculations with it. 

thanks a lot for your help ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VL345 ,

Because Power Query is a tool for preprocessing data, calculated columns and measures are not displayed in Power Query, and you can calculate the working days between two dates directly from the custom NetworkDays function called by Power Query.

Please refer to the following posts:

Calculate Workdays Between Two Dates in Power BI (enterprisedna.co)

Date.Networkdays function for Power Query and Power BI – (thebiccountant.com)

Solved: Power Query M code - find number of working days b... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: WorkDays Function in Power Query M - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VL345 ,

Because Power Query is a tool for preprocessing data, calculated columns and measures are not displayed in Power Query, and you can calculate the working days between two dates directly from the custom NetworkDays function called by Power Query.

Please refer to the following posts:

Calculate Workdays Between Two Dates in Power BI (enterprisedna.co)

Date.Networkdays function for Power Query and Power BI – (thebiccountant.com)

Solved: Power Query M code - find number of working days b... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: WorkDays Function in Power Query M - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Have you considered using COUNTROWS() ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.