Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

v-sheset
Frequent Visitor

Need the data type to be same as Query Editor, but it changes in Data view

Hello,

I am bringing the data in from Kusto to Power BI, and made changes in my qery itself to provide the data in Hours instead of days.

I am able to see correct calculation in the query and the PBI Editor when I bring my data in, however in the data view it starts showing everything in decimal instead of duration. I attempted to go to modeling tabe and edit the type, however it does not allow me to change and reflects some odd decimal values. 

I have tried a lot of permutaions and combinations to fix this, however it doesnt seem to work. Can you help me here ? I want the data to look like the format in the query editor view. Thanks in advance AfterClose&ApplyDone.PNGAfterDataLoad.PNGAfterDataLoad.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi v-sheset,

Click Modeling and change data type and data format here:

Capture.PNG 

Or you can create a calculate column using format function, please refer to: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/query-bi/dax/format-function-dax.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thank you @v-yulgu-msft I tried doing the same thing but there is no change. It does no effect on the values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.