Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v-sheset
Frequent Visitor

Need the data type to be same as Query Editor, but it changes in Data view

Hello,

I am bringing the data in from Kusto to Power BI, and made changes in my qery itself to provide the data in Hours instead of days.

I am able to see correct calculation in the query and the PBI Editor when I bring my data in, however in the data view it starts showing everything in decimal instead of duration. I attempted to go to modeling tabe and edit the type, however it does not allow me to change and reflects some odd decimal values. 

I have tried a lot of permutaions and combinations to fix this, however it doesnt seem to work. Can you help me here ? I want the data to look like the format in the query editor view. Thanks in advance AfterClose&ApplyDone.PNGAfterDataLoad.PNGAfterDataLoad.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi v-sheset,

Click Modeling and change data type and data format here:

Capture.PNG 

Or you can create a calculate column using format function, please refer to: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/query-bi/dax/format-function-dax.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thank you @v-yulgu-msft I tried doing the same thing but there is no change. It does no effect on the values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.