Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RoadeoAnalytics
Advocate I
Advocate I

Multiply Row Level Values by Rate/Measure

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me with multiplying row level values by a rate I derived in a measure. Below is a link to a pbix file I'm working with. See Service Worksheet for this request. This is a data set for a logistics company (dummy dataset).

I've created a measure to calcuate an average rate per stop by adding up revenue for different types of stops and divide it by a total number of stops. See 1.81 in the Service Worksheet. This is the average rate per stop.

RateAvg$/Stop = CALCULATE(SUM('All P&D Tables'[DL STOPS $AMT])+SUM('All P&D Tables'[ECOM STOPS $AMT])+sum('All P&D Tables'[PU STOPS $AMT]))/[TotalStopsSTLMNT]

The goal is to figure out the revenue for each Work Area. I've created a table in the file which lists out all the Work Areas under WA Name field. I want to add another column to this table with result of multiply the 1.81 average rate per stop by the number of stops to an area in each row. The field representing number of stops is Act Del Stps. So values in each row under Act Del Stps column should be multiplied by 1.81.

I've spent all day on this and I'm able to get the total aggregation but it returns blank when trying to break it up by Work Area. Please help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ia6kHsfPCZf-KRwPCS-lIriJ5Y_oLoj0/view?usp=sharing

1 REPLY 1
RaocoSolutions
Regular Visitor

It looks like you need to improve your data model.
if you look into your data the values are not related at the row level. there is no total stop value against any WA name. Try designing your model in a star schema and make the proper relationship between tables.

RaocoSolutions_0-1682645476275.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.