Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Thulasiraman
Helper II
Helper II

Multiple Data Model

Hi experts

I have created a PBI file with huge number of tables - around 15 tables like production, sales, expenses, etc all are transaction files having date as one of the common field.  I have created a calender table with which the above tables are connected in relationship.  It is possible that further more transaction tables will be added in future to this data model and relationship connections have to be created with the calender table.

Already the data model looks clumsy due to large numeber relationships with calender table.

My query is can I create an additional calender table to link future tables which will look as separate data model within the existing data model.  To connect both the set of data models if I connect the two calender table with both the data model gets connected?  Will it work normally?  Pls guide me.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

it will work normally. The 2nd calendar table will work just like a new normal dimensional table. You shall just try it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

it will work normally. The 2nd calendar table will work just like a new normal dimensional table. You shall just try it. 

Thank you.  Let me try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.