Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JS23

Modify Data

Hi all,

I have a very particular situation at hand on which I would appreciate some feedback.

We have a PBI dashboard running in the service

The data behind it follows the following route

--> CSV files are stored in a particular location

--> they are being uploaded to an SQL server using a simple script

--> PBI connects directly to this SQL

For new data, this is perfectly fine, it works as expected. Now my customer wants to be able to modify exsiting data without having to go into the original CSV files...so basically, he comes in the office, looks into his dashboard, sees something strange (or wrong), and wants to edit/modify the particular lines that contain the error without having to scroll through endless lines of CSV files...

What tool or solution would be suited for this? In a perfect world (I know it doesn't work like that), customer notices a strange number, double clicks the data, is lead to the related rows in the data set and can edit them straight away there...

Any creative ideas that solve (part of) this issue?

Many thx

Jan

1 REPLY 1
Syk
Super User
Super User

Power BI can't write back to your data source so this won't be something you can handle with PBI. If your customer doesn't want to open the CSV, I'd suggest they learn some SQL to modify the data in the database (which may get overwritten by the csv but that depends on your script). You could also consider changing how your data is stored and using something like a SharePoint list instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.