Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

abelrmg
Helper II
Helper II

Merge rows

Hi,

I have this data

POWERBI.PNG

How can i merge de rows and obtain one row with this structure:

idticketfecharegistro1fecharegistro2fecharegistro5fecharegistro7
121926/11/201530/11/201530/11/201511/04/2016

in according with the "estatus"

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@abelrmg

You just need to create a custom column to append "Date" with estatus, then directly pivot on that column. See my sample below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would first consider why you want to do this.  You can get to that format with your Power BI visuals, but leaving the data unpivoted gives you the greatest flexibility.

Hi @Anonymous, i want to do this because i will calculate time between dates.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still easy to do in the current format.  Create some sort of index marker and do your calculations.

Agree with @Anonymous

Should you still want to go ahead, then it can be done with Power Query (M). The following code was created via standard menu options; the last step with advanced option "Don't Aggregate".

let
    Source = Table1,
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(Source,{"idCliente", "idUsuarioRegistro"}),
    #"Added Prefix" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Removed Columns", {{"estatus", each "fecharegistro" & _, type text}}),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Prefix",{{"fechaRegistro", type date}}),
    #"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(#"Changed Type", List.Distinct(#"Changed Type"[estatus]), "estatus", "fechaRegistro")
in
    #"Pivoted Column"
Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Hi @MarcelBeug the query send this error

Expression.Error: The column 'idCliente' of the table wasn't found.
Details:
idCliente

Regards

@abelrmg

You just need to create a custom column to append "Date" with estatus, then directly pivot on that column. See my sample below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.