Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

BezosBuddy
Frequent Visitor

Measure value only appearing in Total row

I have a problem with the value of a measure not appearing in the data in a table, and only appearing in the "Total" row.  As shown in the screenshot below, the value appearing in the Total row is correct; I'm left wondering why this value doesn't appear in the area enclosed by the red box:

PowerBIBug_Enlarged.png

Here's my formula for the measure:

PrevWeekRevenuesum = VAR PreviousWeek = CALCULATE(MAX(_Top200[GameWeekRowNumber])) - 1
RETURN
CALCULATE(SUMX(_Top200, _Top200[Revenue]), FILTER(_Top200, _Top200[GameWeekRowNumber] = PreviousWeek))

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@BezosBuddy

In this scenario, if you directly filter the table, it will take current row as context so that it can't find the row like "_Top200[GameWeekRowNumber] = PreviousWeek". To get the correct result, you should change the context into entire table using ALL().

Previous Week Revenue = 
var PreviousWeek=MAX(_Top200[GameWeek])-1
return
CALCULATE(SUM(_Top200[Revenue]),FILTER(ALL(_Top200),_Top200[GameWeek]=PreviousWeek))

3.PNG

Regards,

Thanks for your reply, Simon,

I've updated my measure as you've suggested, but by enveloping my table with the ALL function, I now get a sum of the entire dataset in this location, repeated for each game title in my data.. 

• I should mention that I'm using a slicer to drill down on just one game title in my example above. 
  • If the only data I had was just these two rows, then your suggestion would work, but it doesn't work when I remove the filter and I have the full dataset in the table.

I need to get the sum of a game's revenue from the previous week, in order to calculate a week-over-week metric.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Power BI Header Change

Power BI Header Update

Read about the exciting updates for the Power BI forum.