Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Marty_H
Frequent Visitor

Matrix table with row percentages

Hi everyone,

I need some help with a problem regarding the matrix table visual.
What I need is a visual that ranks my data from high counts to low as you can see in my example. (See screenshot below)
And that shows the percentage values for each row of the filtered data:
Screenshot1.jpg
In the example in the screenshot above it all looks great because I didn't touch the date slicer yet.
As you can see in the next picture, the percentage values are not correct anymore once I start moving it away from the max:

Screenshot2.jpg
Also, I have a tooltip wherein I want to put the same visual but here it doesn't work either as it doesn't respond well to the time filter:

Screenshot3.jpg
It's something that looks so simple, but I've been trying for so long now...
Please be aware on that it's important that the "error xx" fault count rows are ranked from high to low dynamically.

You can find the dataset here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u2zBIDsTHsWeMhx9ACDh_cOwdJEDIkwD/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=10978...
And the Power BI file here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gOFk_qjoM4lut2veHG-ltKFl3eOW8OJl/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You used a calculated column. These are immutable and do not react to filter changes.  Use a measure (either implicit or explicit). See attached for an example of an implicit measure.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Marty_H
Frequent Visitor

@lbendlin Thanks for the quick solution!  You saved the day again for me. 💪😊

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You used a calculated column. These are immutable and do not react to filter changes.  Use a measure (either implicit or explicit). See attached for an example of an implicit measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
OCT PBI Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - October 2024

Check out the October 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

October NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - October 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.