Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Miethos
Regular Visitor

Mask names

I'm new to Power Bi and am struggling to figure out how to do this. Basically I'm looking to mask names in a column and replace with someting along the lines of "Salesperson 1, Salesperson 2 etc" depending on the active filter. I've copied a sample dataset below - the goal here would be to mask all the names but one with the ability to change depending on whom the report is being shown to. So if the report is being discussed with Bob, it would show his name and a count of each individual status, with the other stats shown but the name being reflected as "Salesperson 1 etc)

This is an internal management report so RLS won't help (I think). Thanks in advance, any help would be really appreciated.

Miethos_0-1645540019425.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Miethos , You can not create a calculated column based on userprincipalname.

so what you might have to do is create a table based on user what name will be shown with email id of logins, and then join with this table, filter a new one based on email(userprincipalname) and use that to display name from this new table 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Miethos , You can not create a calculated column based on userprincipalname.

so what you might have to do is create a table based on user what name will be shown with email id of logins, and then join with this table, filter a new one based on email(userprincipalname) and use that to display name from this new table 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.