Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Chapin4u
Employee
Employee

Line break in a visual

Hi, I'm trying to do a line break in a visual using unichar(10) but it's not working for me. It's possible to use a line break in card visual? This how I wrote the measure for the card:

Card Hotel Ave = SELECTEDVALUE(List[Grupo],"Todos")&": "&UNICHAR(10)&IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Hotels[currency],"Todos")="US$",FORMAT([Hotel Average Price],"$#,###.00"),IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Hotels[currency],"Todos")="GTQ","Q"&FORMAT([Hotel Average Price],"#,###.00"),FORMAT([Hotel Average Price],"#,###.00"

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Chapin4u,

After research, we can not add line break in text directly, because Power BI always strips line breaks out of text when it gets loaded into the Data Model. unichar function returns the Unicode character that is referenced by the given numeric value. unichar(10) return a unicode in your measure, and it is recognised by a text. So it is not working for you. As I tested, unichar(10) returns nothing. What's your expected result? Please review more details about UNICHAR in this blog.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisIrvin
Frequent Visitor

Follow UNICHAR(10) with " ", like this:

"ABC" & UNICHAR(10) & " " & "DEF"

Result:

ABC

DEF

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have managed to get a line break using UNICHAR(10) & UNICHAR(10240)

Nadim131
Regular Visitor

Turn off word wrap, and perhaps it will work for you. It will not look pretty though, if you have a different title background.

nimitchell
Frequent Visitor

I have a solution to add new lines, separating text cells from a table. It is explained in more detail in my stack overflow post:

Link to my solution

It boils down to using `CONCATENATEX` on the cells that should be concatenated, providing the `UNICHAR(10)` statement as separator:

CONCATENATEX(FILTER(Sheet1, [Column1]<>"Overview"), Sheet1[Column2], UNICHAR(10)))

--> That is the defining line that can be seen in my screenshot on StackOverflow.

EDIT: another user on SO suggested that this requires Release October 2017 and din't work on earlier versions!

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Chapin4u,

After research, we can not add line break in text directly, because Power BI always strips line breaks out of text when it gets loaded into the Data Model. unichar function returns the Unicode character that is referenced by the given numeric value. unichar(10) return a unicode in your measure, and it is recognised by a text. So it is not working for you. As I tested, unichar(10) returns nothing. What's your expected result? Please review more details about UNICHAR in this blog.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks Angela for the explanation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.