Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Long
Frequent Visitor

Image URL in Matrix

Hi, 

Is there a way to use Image URL with visible images as one of the Matrix "Values" column?
It works as a "Rows" column, but as a "Values" column there are only the urls visible and not images.

Screenshot_1.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Long,

Based on my test, it's not supported to display image in Matrix visual value part. As matrix value will be aggregated and return just "values" rather than image.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NarWind
Regular Visitor

As of the August, 2018 release of Power BI Desktop, you can now show images in the Values section of a Matrix by setting the Data Category!

First, define your measure and set the Data Category to Image URL:

Measure Data Category.PNG

Next, build a pivot table and put a couple fields on your Rows, and your new measure on Values:

FieldList.PNG

You'll have a dynamic matrix that can show images at each level of the hierarchy! 

DrilldownPivot.PNG

edhans
Super User
Super User

FWIW, this works today. I've tested it with mult-row cards, tables, and a matrix. You just have to make sure the URL for the image is defined in the data model as Data Category: Image URL

My images are showing up as invalid in Power BI Desktop, but I think that is because I did this using my OneDrive URLs, and the service can see that, but the desktop cannot. But at least the concept works.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
ROSANGELA

Good afternoon,

Excuse me, did you solve your problem?
The same thing happened to me, I do not know how to upload a column image, it can be in TABLE but in MATRIX you can not (or at least I did not).

I would appreciate your help, it is essential for me to perform in MATRIX and not in TABLE.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Long,

Based on my test, it's not supported to display image in Matrix visual value part. As matrix value will be aggregated and return just "values" rather than image.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Thaks for reply, just checked the aggregated value in the table visual and it works, as there could be used First or Last value, guess that it is just not supported by the matrix yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.