Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AbdulAzad
Frequent Visitor

How to get calculated measure by category on a single fact with multiple-relationship on date column

Hi,

We have single fact table with join on two different dates and there are multiple measures aggregated based on these two different dates. Time table is joined with Demand fact table on NeedDate and SchedDate. I have imported the data and did the modeling, where requirement for one of the measure is to get the MAX of QTY by ORDER ID column. Here the challenge is how can I make sure the QTY and the ORDER ID columns to use the NeedDate relationship before performing the MAX of QTY by ORDER ID?

USERRELATIONSHIP function require CALCULATE function in order to get the relationship to work, not sure how can we bring the relationship join for ORDER ID?

MAX of QTY by ORDER ID DAX calculated measure calculation I have as shown below?

sumx(values(Table[ORDER ID]), calculate(max(Demand[QTY])))

But I need to get the ORDER ID and QTY based on NeedDate join. How can I achieve this?

Can we get this done using DAX?

Thanks & Regards,

Abdul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AbdulAzad , Assume SchedDate is inactive

sumx(values(Table[ORDER ID]), calculate(max(Demand[QTY]), USERRELATIONSHIP (Date[date],Demand[SchedDate] )))

also refer

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AbdulAzad , Assume SchedDate is inactive

sumx(values(Table[ORDER ID]), calculate(max(Demand[QTY]), USERRELATIONSHIP (Date[date],Demand[SchedDate] )))

also refer

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your quick and awesome reply. You mean to say the calculate part in sumx function if it refers to a specific table join then the corresponding ORDER ID values also will be picked from calculate part join.

Thanks & Regards,

Abdul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.