Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to filter multiple dates at the same time on a single list slicer

Hello there, I have two single list slicers that filter Deal Dates as shown below: 

KyleAdam_0-1631008210575.png

They work fine, however, I want to make it so that it works for multiple dates (Invoice Date, Purchase Order Date and Deal Date). So for example, if I click on 2019 & March, I want it to filter every invoice, Purchase Order and Deal in that specific Year/Month. At the moment it is just Deals.

Here is the model diagram below showing the relevant tables (columns that I want are marked red):

KyleAdam_1-1631008417597.png

What would be the solution for this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jorenvdl
Frequent Visitor

You could do this by creating a date table. This table contains dates and columns with characteristics of these dates. Then you create connections to this table for all the other tables and one filter with a column from your date table. You can find more information about how to create a date table using this link: 
Create date tables in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jorenvdl
Frequent Visitor

You could do this by creating a date table. This table contains dates and columns with characteristics of these dates. Then you create connections to this table for all the other tables and one filter with a column from your date table. You can find more information about how to create a date table using this link: 
Create date tables in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Jorenvdl that looks like a solid solution. 

I'll try this now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.