Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saadat_rda
Frequent Visitor

How to enter missing data into table

Hi,

I have created a datamodel. The model depicts a line chart with three lines:

FY23, FY22 and Target. The target is basically a percentage increased of FY22.

However, I have recently found out that the months July, August and September  from FY22 showed data that was actually alot less than actual because some information wasn't recorded in the system due to a techinical problem. Normally in excel, I could just go into the cell for July, August and September and add in the missing values to the existing figures. How can I achieve that here?

Please note: I am using powerBI in direct querry mode.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@saadat_rda , You have to correct the source and refresh data.

Or add new table with additional data and append it with the main table in the power query

Append : https://radacad.com/append-vs-merge-in-power-bi-and-power-query

Hi @amitchandak 

Thank you for your response. I achieved a similar effect by adding the number to the measure I used to calculate FY22-previou year figures. The dax is as follows:

saadat_rda_1-1680072484368.png

As you can see above, I added in the missing figures and this is what it looks like:

saadat_rda_2-1680072733014.png

However, notice how the white FY22 line does not start from $0. Ideally, I want to add the three highlighted figures to the months July, August and September. If only there was a way to use the above dax but also use a function to filter the months July, Aug and Sep. Do you think this is possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.