Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nay_Myo_Zaw

How to create visual with Overall Percentage for combined group of items?

As shown in the picture (1), this is my data source (excel)

Nay_Myo_Zaw_0-1682682548284.png

and as shown in the picture (2), I would like to create Line Chart to see what's my gross profit % for the overall business and selected item group. 

Nay_Myo_Zaw_1-1682682599434.png

Problem: the percentage are adding up which causes 400, 500 which makes no sense. If I select to view each item, of course there is no problem, but I beleive there are some certain ways to view gross profit % for the overall business or selected item group.

Looking forward and Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
PabloDeheza
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Nay_Myo_Zaw !

When you drop your column in your chart and its a number, by default Power BI usually summarizes it. You need to change the behaviour of this by selecting the type of aggregation you want for your column.

If you right click on the field of your visual you can select this

PabloDeheza_0-1682685972404.png

Hope this helps!

Yes, I tried. But none of the aggregation doesn't really make sense because what I really need is (sum of gross profit of all items) divided by (sum of sales amount of all items) to get the overall business gross profit %.

The options are just average, median etc. of the gross profit %, which doesn't really make sense. 

Have you tried creating a measure like this?

Gross Profit % =
DIVIDE(
    SUM( Gross Profit ),
    SUM( sales Amount )
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.