Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

romals29
Helper II
Helper II

How to add custom font

Hi

I need to add a custom font to my power bi desktop.

I know that we can create a theme with the font type we want in JSON and call that JSON file in theme would sort out the issue but my requirements are different.

I don't want to add as a theme because I might need to add different colors, using gradient colors in charts and backgrounds so is there any possibility that only to add font only instead of the entire theme.

Thank You

Romal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @romals29 ,

There is some kind of theme management on Power BI Service. You can apply JSON theme to a dashboard. See details - Use dashboard themes in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs .

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mariaerthall

I tried to added the theme to use the font "montsserat" in my dashboards using json and didn't work. I did all the steps and still can't use the theme i added, it only appears in the "box text" of the "homepage" menu, but i can't use it in the graphics, can someone help me with that? I used the font from "google.fonts" and the code in json:

{
    "name""Nova Fonte",
    "visualStyles":{
    "*":{
            "*":[
                    {"fontFamily":"Montsserat"}
                ]
            }
        }
    }
}

Pleeease i need help, i tried everything.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @romals29 ,

There is some kind of theme management on Power BI Service. You can apply JSON theme to a dashboard. See details - Use dashboard themes in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs .

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

i did that and didn't work. i did all the steps and still can't use the theme i added, it only appears in the "box text" of the "homepage" menu, but i can't use it in the graphics, can you help me with that? I used the font from "google.fonts" and the code in json:

{
    "name": "Nova Fonte",
    "visualStyles":{
            "*":[
                    {"fontFamily":"Montsserat"}
                ]
            }
        }
    }
}

Pleeease i need help, i tried everything.
romals29
Helper II
Helper II

Hi

Any ways to use CSS file in power bi desktop and add custom fonts

Thank You

romals29
Helper II
Helper II

Hi 

I am able to do this using JSON file where I have given the font type only.

This is working fine but in my pbix file I have 5 dashboards. its changing the font only in first dashboard and rest are still looks same.

But those visuals tooltips only getting update not the value's font.

Looks strange.

May someone please help me on this. 

This is the JSON file code I have used

{
"name": "Custom Theme",
"visualStyles": {
"*": {
"*": {
"*": [
{
"fontFamily": "Algerian"
}
]
}
}
}
}

VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @romals29 

Check this post, might be helpful:
https://www.vahiddm.com/post/how-to-use-google-fonts-or-highlight-text-in-power-bi

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!! 

Badges.jpg

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog | YouTube 

Hi VahidDM

Thank you for your reply.

In this article it uses custom visual - HTML Content and with it we can add titles and description only, but my requirement is to change fonts of all visuals in a dashboard.

Just need to update fonts only in all kind of charts that dashboard has.

Can that be done using this HTML Content?

Or any other way is there?

Thank You

Romal

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.