Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

JordanSchuld

How can I make Count Filter a list, not a slider?

JordanSchuld_0-1718644170901.pngJordanSchuld_1-1718644197072.png

JordanSchuld_3-1718644259008.png

I'm brand new and no pretty much nothing so bear with me.

So I made a measure to track how many times each job posting was in my data. As you can see I added that measure to a table and it works perfectly. I attached a screenshot of how that measure was made. I also made a filter so the table will only display jobs that have more than X amount in the Total Listings measure.I added a screenshot of how I did that.

2 things, first off, it doesn't work super well. Say I adjust the slider to be above 20 jobs, some with only 1 or 2 listings will still get through. Also, the main thing, I want the filter to have check boxes that say "20+", "30+", "40+", etc. I don't want it to be a Slider. How can I make the Count Filter work like that instead of a slider?

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JordanSchuld ,

Based on my testing, please try the following methods:

1.Create the simple table.

vjiewumsft_0-1718703398587.png

2.Create the calculated column.

Count Listing = 
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    [Total listing] >= 40, "40+",
    [Total listing] >= 30, "30+",
    [Total listing] >= 20, "20+",
    "Under 20"
)

vjiewumsft_1-1718703416295.png

3.Drag the column into the slicer visual.

vjiewumsft_2-1718703450134.png

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So I tried this, but it shows eveything as Under 20.
Here is my Count Listings:

JordanSchuld_0-1718718237556.png

And here is my table:

JordanSchuld_1-1718718268344.png

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, any insight?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI does not support dynamic binning - you need to bring your own buckets (a disconnected table) to feed your slicer.  Then use the measure to sense the value of the slicer  (make sure it is single value select).

I'm going to be honest with you, this is jiberish to me lol. I'm so new to Power Bi it's not funny.

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.