Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

inservo
Helper I
Helper I

Hoiw to display a simple number (I have already aggregated elsewhere)

I am now fighting with this for hours and feel like I am overseeing the obvious:

I have done an aggregations (average, min, max) somewhere else (in another tool) because it offered an easy / visual approach to do this (instead of PowerBI's formulaic approach).

I just want to show that number and I want that it updates, if a filter changes.

I tried with Card visuals but they do not allow for 'no aggregation' at all.

I tried to simply drag the number from my dataset onto the canvas, but then it doesn't update

I tried to use a text box with the value referring to the number in the dataset but then it doesn't update.

What am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4
inservo
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for your response, @samratpbi 

Maybe my statement was a bit unclear, I am not talking about a table or a matrix. I just want to have the value in the dashboard and thought, a card visual would be the right way to go. But card does not know 'no aggregation'

Hi, the aggregation depends on the column, not the visual. Hence if you make your column as no summarize, then it would not get summed up when used in any of the visuals.

Hope this helps.

If this resolves your problem, then please mark it as solution, Thanks!

I have this but it does not change anything.

Seems like the card visual is an aggregation visual 

Is there any other way to show simply the number on the screen (as I said, adding it as a dynamic value in text does not respect filters)

samratpbi
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi, if you dont want your column values to be aggregated, then select that column; when you select a column then at top Column Tools, there is an option "Summarization", select Dont Summarize from there.

If this resolves your problem then please mark it as solution, Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.