Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

markefrody
Post Patron
Post Patron

Help With DAX for Nested IF Statements

Hi, 

I have this table:

markefrody_1-1671132726317.png

For example I want to get the weight of the following items with the following conditions and add them to another item with a set of different conditions:

Weight for products classified as "Toys" which has "Quality check = Yes" and "Safety check = Yes" 

+

Weight for products classified as "Appliance" which has "Quality check = Yes" and "Price check = Yes" 

=

Grand total weight of the filtered conditions

Would you be able to assist me to create a DAX based on the conditions above and be presented with an output similar to this?

markefrody_2-1671132848166.png

PS: I'm using Direct Query as storage mode.

Thanks and best regards,
Mark V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bifinity_75
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @markefrody , try this MEASURE:

Result = CALCULATE(sum(Table3[Weight (lbs)]),Table3[Classification]="Toys",Table3[Quality Check?]="Yes",Table3[Safety Check?]="Yes")+
CALCULATE(sum(Table3[Weight (lbs)]),Table3[Classification]="Appliances",Table3[Quality Check?]="Yes",Table3[Price Check?]="Yes")

The result:

Bifinity_75_0-1671222977478.png

Best Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bifinity_75
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@markefrody , change the previous measure to this one:

Result = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Weight (lbs)]),'Table'[Classification]="Toys",'Table'[Quality Check?]="Yes",'Table'[Safety Check?]="Yes")+
CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Weight (lbs)]),'Table'[Classification]="Appliances",'Table'[Quality Check?]="Yes",'Table'[Price Check?]="Yes")

Bifinity_75
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @markefrody , try this MEASURE:

Result = CALCULATE(sum(Table3[Weight (lbs)]),Table3[Classification]="Toys",Table3[Quality Check?]="Yes",Table3[Safety Check?]="Yes")+
CALCULATE(sum(Table3[Weight (lbs)]),Table3[Classification]="Appliances",Table3[Quality Check?]="Yes",Table3[Price Check?]="Yes")

The result:

Bifinity_75_0-1671222977478.png

Best Regards

@Bifinity_75. Thanks!

Bifinity_75
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @markefrody , try this calculate column:

Result = if ('Table'[Classification]="Toys" && 'Table'[Quality Check?]="Yes" && 'Table'[Safety Check?]="Yes",25,
            if ('Table'[Classification]="Appliances" && 'Table'[Quality Check?]="Yes" && 'Table'[Price Check?]="Yes",130,
            0))

The result:

Bifinity_75_0-1671138910610.png

Check your conditions for if statements.

Best regards

Hi @Bifinity_75 ,

Thank you for the response and assistance. I may have confused you with the conditional statements wherein I have mentioned the weight number. I have removed it, below is the corrected one:

Weight for products classified as "Toys" which has "Quality check = Yes" and "Safety check = Yes" 

+

Weight for products classified as "Appliance" which has "Quality check = Yes" and "Price check = Yes" 

=

Grand Total weight (lbs) of the filtered conditions

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.