Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

swaroopkumarmg
Helper II
Helper II

HTML file to a visual

Hello there,

i have a sunburst chart created using Plotly - Python, i have no knowledge of R. 

i was able to create an HTML file of this sunburst chart from python and save it on my local system. 

I was wondering if I could display the chart in the HTML file as a Power BI Visual. 

6 REPLIES 6
ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@swaroopkumarmg make sure the  dataset is unsummarised. 

test123123123123.gif

Thank you for the reply.

When i try this visual with the similar data format you have it's working. but the data that I have looks something like this:

swaroopkumarmg_0-1661136098114.png

this is just an example, the actual data is larger than this and it will be difficult to put that in the format you have. 

Also note that Python visuals in Power BI are not animated. They only render the final surface state.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What's the point of this exercise? What would be the value-add of Power BI for this scenario?

ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@swaroopkumarmg  Why not use Plotly custom visual it's much easier and able to run on a power bi online service. 
Generally, python,D3 has limited libraries supported via power bi, and even if it works on desktop, the chance of running on power bi online service is unlikely. You would be better off using the plotly custom visual as it's quite powerful - it's a replicate of the plotly studio.

Untitled.png

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/akvelon.plotlyjsvisualbyakvelon?tab=O...

Yes i tried it, it works with Scatter, bar, line.. almost everything. but specifically need sunburst and it's not plotting anything. 

data I have is Category, subcategory, subsubcategory, productID and sales quantity. 

swaroopkumarmg_0-1660908834818.png

let me know if im doing anything wrong

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.