Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gib
Frequent Visitor

Graph overlay with Text box or Button issue

Hello,

While creating a report and using graphics I was requested to create the title separately so it can be on the same level as the legend in order to save space and make the graph look better and have more space for the important information.
I have decided to make it with thext box (tested it with button as well), but when there is backgroud on the graph the other text dissapears since it removes the layer order when the graph is used. The Text Box/Button is send to front and the graph is send to back. But it does bring it to front when hovered over or clicked.

Does any one have suggestion of how to fix this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gib 

@MFelix 's solution is helpful. Have you tried that?

After turning on the option Maintain Layer Order for all visuals, their layer orders will be fixed in reading view. You may find a graph can still be brought to front when it is clicked, but this only happens in Power BI Desktop or in Edit mode in Power BI Service. This is the expected result as this makes it easier for authors to edit each visual/object when you can see it completely. However, after you publish the report to Power BI Service and view it in Reading mode, you will find that their layer orders are fixed as you have expected. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gib
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

thank you for the assistance this works. I was with the impression this is always on as every time I checked this option it was on.
But it seems it is dependant on the type of visual used.

I would say having the option always on or off for all visuals would be better in consistency terms, but that is small issue.

Thank you for the assistance and time!

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gib 

@MFelix 's solution is helpful. Have you tried that?

After turning on the option Maintain Layer Order for all visuals, their layer orders will be fixed in reading view. You may find a graph can still be brought to front when it is clicked, but this only happens in Power BI Desktop or in Edit mode in Power BI Service. This is the expected result as this makes it easier for authors to edit each visual/object when you can see it completely. However, after you publish the report to Power BI Service and view it in Reading mode, you will find that their layer orders are fixed as you have expected. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @gib ,

For this you need to keep the text on top of the graph and maintain the layer order for the visualizations that will allow to keep it in place.

https://www.havensconsulting.net/blog-and-media/using-the-maintain-layer-order-option-to-lock-in-vis...

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.