Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sean-OReilly
Helper IV
Helper IV

Can't Get DatesinPeriod to Work properly

Hi

I'm using the below DAX 

Costs last 2 months = calculate ( [Total Costs to Date], DATESINPERIOD(MK_Job_LedgerEntries[Posting_Date], max(MK_Job_LedgerEntries[Posting_Date]), -2, MONTH ))

My issue is that when I apply the measure against a Table that also has the Job Number it is using the Max Date of the posting against that Job and working back 2 months from there. I want it to calculate the Max date based on Today's date, not the most recent posting date against that job.
For example, if the last cost posted against a Job was 31/12/2022 - then it is giving me costs for the period 01/11/2022 to 31/12/2022. I actually want it to give me Zero as there has been no costs posted since 31/12/2022.
The Max Date needs to refer to today as an absolute value. i have tried various things like creating a Column for Today's date in the table but that is not working for me either.
I really need help on this one.
Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sean-OReilly ,

Please try this measure.

Costs last 2 months = 
CALCULATE(
    [Total Costs to Date],
    DATESINPERIOD(
        MK_Job_LedgerEntries[Posting_Date],
        TODAY(),
        MONTH
    )
)

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-tangjie-msft 

Thanks for coming back to me.

Unfortunatley it did not work. It just comes back Blank

Here is what i tried 

Costs last 2 months v2 = calculate ( [Total Costs to Date], DATESINPERIOD(MK_Job_LedgerEntries[Posting_Date], today(), -2, MONTH ))

SeanOReilly_0-1688117701483.png

Sean-OReilly
Helper IV
Helper IV

Should Add A Column instead of Using a Measure ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.