Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lukas_alex
Frequent Visitor

Getting Image URLs to display Image

I currently have a colum that references a image URL on another table based on the value but when I put these in a visual the image does not show up and I am only given the URL.  How can I get the image to show up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@lukas_alex,

Could you please post sample data of the image column? In Power BI Desktop, images work for URL that over web not local path, you can review the following example.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Marjore77
Helper I
Helper I

I was using Sharepoint images which showed up for some and not for others.

After a lot of research, these two solutions solved my problem:

1) Embed the images within your report (Base64)

2) For Sharepoint images: embed the Power BI report on a Sharepoint page

Source: this article details these solutions and reasons for the image problem

Tangi12
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. Images on sharepoint. (really my only option) and images do not show.  This shouldn't be this difficult...

Same issue. Images are on Sharepoint. Have you found any solutions?

Thx!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It works only for a day, but the image URL will be different the following day. Any idea how to solve this issue?

Hi; 

Have the same issue.

Did you find a soliution? 

I think the address of the images in Sharepoint is changing depending on the day or user.

Juliecal73
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

I have a similar issue. The picture displays if I use the AD conversion path, but when I try and use the O365 links below (all of which return an image in the browser) the vizuals do not display the image.

Is this because it is not specified as an image type? If so, how is that done with the below?

Or is it an authentication issue with getting a user image from O365?

https://outlook.office365.com/ews/Exchange.asmx/s/GetUserPhoto?email={user@email}.com&size=HR96x96
https://outlook.office365.com/owa/service.svc/s/GetPersonaPhoto?email={user@email}.com&UA=0&size=HR96x96
https://outlook.office365.com/owa/service.svc/s/GetPersonaPhoto?email={user@email}.com&UA=0&size=HR96x96&sc=1587223657595

Thoughts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also tried to use O365 links without success. I believe is an authentication factor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aquí les adjunto un código que desarrollé con ayuda del siguiente vídeo de youtube (Guy in a cube) y blog (Chris Webb). Son demasiado útiles.
DAX code usando una tabla con image64 bits, Nombre, extensión de archivo, tipo de actividad y fecha de archivo

SplitTextFunction = Splitter.SplitTextByRepeatedLengths(30000),     //Converts table of files to list     ListInput = Table.ToRows(#"Reordered Columns"),     //Function to convert binary of photo to multiple     //text values     ConvertOneFile = (InputRow as list) =>         let             BinaryIn = InputRow{​​​​​​0}​​​​​​,             Name_image = InputRow{​​​​​​1}​​​​​​,             Extension = InputRow{​​​​​​2}​​​​​​,             Activity = InputRow{​​​​​​3}​​​​​​,             Date = InputRow{​​​​​​4}​​​​​​,             BinaryText = Binary.ToText(BinaryIn, BinaryEncoding.Base64),             SplitUpText = SplitTextFunction(BinaryText),             AddFileName = List.Transform(SplitUpText, each {​​​​​​Name_image,Extension,Activity,Date,_}​​​​​​)         in             AddFileName,     //Loops over all photos and calls the above function     ConvertAllFiles = List.Transform(ListInput, each ConvertOneFile(_)),     //Combines lists together     CombineLists = List.Combine(ConvertAllFiles),     //Converts results to table     ToTable = #table(type table[Name_image=text,Extension=text,Activity=text,Date=date,Pic=text],CombineLists),     //Adds index column to output table     AddIndexColumn = Table.AddIndexColumn(ToTable, "Index", 0, 1) in     AddIndexColumn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here...any solution ?

If you select the field and go to the Modeling tab, verify that the Data Category is set to Image URL

I have changed it but the image is still not showing up and I am just getting the URL.  Is there a specific format the image needs to be saved as?

@lukas_alex,

Could you please post sample data of the image column? In Power BI Desktop, images work for URL that over web not local path, you can review the following example.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Good afternoon

I have my images local path, any sugeestion how to get them in Power Bi?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. But  can i insert somehow a hyperlink to another site in this image? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I also have a similar problem. 

I already set the data category to Image URL.

I found that it works if I use Google images or from Web, but I tried to upload my images to IMGur or my Sharepoint and it shows broken image

Is there any recommendation on which webiste I should upload my image so that it works better?

Thanks so much in advance @v-yuezhe-msft @deldersveld 

Best regards

Kevin

Image Database.pngImage Problem.png

I want to display the Power BI Dashboard as an image. I am using Cluster Map visualization in Power BI and trying to save the https: //hq - powerbi***    link ending with .jpg, in the Image URL field. But I can't see the image in Cluster Map visualization. Is it possible to use the Power BI dashboard link to show up as an image? Kindly advice.

I didn't see a solution for the SharePoint question.  I'm having the same issue.  Any solutions?

I was using a local path that is why it was not showing up.  I got it to work now! Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.