Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PPStar
Helper IV
Helper IV

Filtering a table based on a selected measure on a stacked bar chart

Hi 

I have a stacked bar chart which is displaying data from two tables

Owners and Data

There is a 1:M relationship between owner and data. 

I have created 3 measures to calcualte data that is breached, at risk of being breached and not in breach within the data table. 

I have now displayed these measures within the stacked bar chart and it all looks good. 

Now what i want is the abilty to select the portion of the bar chart that is Breached and show the data that is breached. Same of At Risk and no in breach. 

I cant get this to work. I belive you cant select the measure individually on the stacked bar chart. 

Can anyone please assist me?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
PPStar
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi, i want to use POwer bi, not tableu editor?

Tabular Editor is used like a plug-in for Power BI you can write measures, create calculation groups etc. there are loads of options for slicing measures, Switch with the measure name is my go to. here's a video from BI elite explaining it. 
Slicing by Measure Categories in Power BI - YouTube
If you can share a sample I can give code examples

is there a way we can acheive this using native DAX?

Accelins
Frequent Visitor

depending on the measures you may be able to do this using a calculation group in Tabula editor. you can then add a calculation group to a slicer to select specific measures. 
its worth reading up on the impact of calculation groups though - this can remove the in report aggregations such as count, sum etc, so you'll have to write these as measure rather than the drop downs. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.