Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

daveedd
Helper II
Helper II

Filter interactions do not work without a measure on table visuals

Hi all,

QQ.  I have Case records with 10 different date fields relating to different parts of the Case lifecycle.  I recently built out a neutral date field so that I could show how many Cases were opened, closed and more all each month on the same chart.  

I have set ups like a bar chart or other visual and a table which was simply a list of Case reference numbers.  Selecting a value on the bar chart filters the table to show only the relevant cases.

Since implementing the new date system I have to include a metric in the table as well, eg cases opened, to make the filtering work.

Appreciate it might be difficult without going into full details of the set up, but does anyone have any ideas of what could break the filter interation in this way?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @daveedd 

In this case of multiple date in the same table you must create a calendar table (that you already have) and created relationship between the Calendar table and all the columns you need to make the calculations, you will get an active relationship, and n inactive relationships.

Then you need to create a metric for each column that has inactive relationship:

Count of date = CALCULATE( COUNT(Table[Column], USERELATIONSHIP(Table[DateColumn], Calendar[Date]))

Now you must use the calendar table has your axis and the measures on your visualization.

Check my blog post below (is in portuguese but the google translate works pretty well)

https://pbiportugal.com/2020/08/27/multiplas-relacoes-entre-tabelas/

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @daveedd 

In this case of multiple date in the same table you must create a calendar table (that you already have) and created relationship between the Calendar table and all the columns you need to make the calculations, you will get an active relationship, and n inactive relationships.

Then you need to create a metric for each column that has inactive relationship:

Count of date = CALCULATE( COUNT(Table[Column], USERELATIONSHIP(Table[DateColumn], Calendar[Date]))

Now you must use the calendar table has your axis and the measures on your visualization.

Check my blog post below (is in portuguese but the google translate works pretty well)

https://pbiportugal.com/2020/08/27/multiplas-relacoes-entre-tabelas/

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.