Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

FJH2024
Frequent Visitor

'FILTER' Function Help!

Hi All,

I have a table loaded into PowerBI called 'Worklogs'. To make a complicated issue a bit simpler, the table looks something similar to this:

Logged Time (Hours)Project KeyProject Code
0.5EQ-1EQ
0.75EQ-1EQ
1EQ-91EQ
5EQ-418EQ
5EQ-418EQ

I want to create two more columns - one is a sum of all time logged against the Project Code EQ (as I do have other PCs in the table), and another would be a sum of all time logged against the Project Code EQ but excluding the Time Logged against Project Key EQ-418.

Is this possible? Should I be using the FILTER function or something else?

Thank you for any help in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
smpa01
Super User
Super User

@FJH2024  for calculated columns

sum of all time logged against the Project Code EQ = CALCULATE(SUM('Table 1'[Logged Time (Hours)]),FILTER('Table 1','Table 1'[Project Code]="EQ"))

sum of all time logged against the Project Code EQ but excluding the Time Logged against Project Key EQ_418 = 'Table 1'[sum of all time logged against the Project Code EQ]-CALCULATE(SUM('Table 1'[Logged Time (Hours)]),FILTER('Table 1','Table 1'[Project Code]="EQ"&&'Table 1'[Project Key]="EQ-418"))
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Proud to be a Super User!
My custom visualization projects
Plotting Live Sound: Viz1
Beautiful News:Viz1, Viz2, Viz3
Visual Capitalist: Working Hrs

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
smpa01
Super User
Super User

@FJH2024  for calculated columns

sum of all time logged against the Project Code EQ = CALCULATE(SUM('Table 1'[Logged Time (Hours)]),FILTER('Table 1','Table 1'[Project Code]="EQ"))

sum of all time logged against the Project Code EQ but excluding the Time Logged against Project Key EQ_418 = 'Table 1'[sum of all time logged against the Project Code EQ]-CALCULATE(SUM('Table 1'[Logged Time (Hours)]),FILTER('Table 1','Table 1'[Project Code]="EQ"&&'Table 1'[Project Key]="EQ-418"))
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Proud to be a Super User!
My custom visualization projects
Plotting Live Sound: Viz1
Beautiful News:Viz1, Viz2, Viz3
Visual Capitalist: Working Hrs

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.