Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CincyKidd
Frequent Visitor

Expanding a data set from fixed (30 days) to open (running data set)

My data is a running data set, meaning I started tracking on June 15th. I understand that I can use the Slicer function to break the data into months, is there a way to see the data set in its entirity, right now it looks like it is limited to 30 days.

pic3.png

Thanks for the help!

CincyKidd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The solution is to go into the "Date" field, dropdown and tick the "Date" vs "Date Hierachy".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

@CincyKidd

Based on the information provided you have started tracking from June 15. And as on date we are at July 15. The day column i presume refers to the day portion (DD) of the date column.  June has only upto 30 days and July is not yet complete. Once you have the data until end july 31st, you will see the day 31 appearing.

When you say you want to see the data in entirety , can you share some more details on how you want the data to shown. By Month or by Day etc.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

CheenuSing-

Thanks for the reply!

I would like to see all data, meaning from June 15 through today (whatever that will be. I can't figure out how to get that done!

Thanks again.

CincyKidd

@CincyKidd

Do you want the x-axis to show the dates like Jun-15, Jun-16, Jun-17 etc.

Please clarify

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

I would like the x axis to display all data points, say 6/15-7-19. It currently shows only 30 days, non concurrent, meaning June or July or a combination of June and July, but only 30 days at a time..

Thanks.

CincyKidd

Ok. I clearly have confused everyone here, since there are no solutions, which I find hard to believe.

My revised summary.

I have been collecting data from 4 machines and sometimes a machine will have up to 4 data points on a day, I have been collecting this data since 6/15 and I would like to see all the data points in a bar graph along the X axis. I have been helped to figure out how to show the mulitiple data points, now I just need to figure out how to display ALL the data. Right now I get only 30 or 31 day chuncks.

Thanks for the help!

CincyKidd

The solution is to go into the "Date" field, dropdown and tick the "Date" vs "Date Hierachy".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.