Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hidden Query Keeps Coming Back

I keep hiding a query, and after a few seconds, it unhides itself. What could be causing this behavior?

Context:

I have multiple identical queries, all the same data from the same source, that I then combine into a single table using Table.Combine.

Because there are so many queries, but I don't need to see any of them (all of the work is done off the combination table), I have hidden the source queries. All of them hid fine. Then, I made a new sheet and created a quick table off of one of the source queries, so I could quickly double-check what I thought was a data issue. I deleted the extra sheet, but the query became unhidden when I used it, and now, when I hide it, it just comes back unhidden after a few seconds. I only have one report sheet, and it only has six elements, so I was able to check and the source query is not being used in any of them. Why would it keep coming back then?

Also, are there any documented limitations to Table.Combine (for example, the number of tables that can be combined in one operation)?

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I have tested it on my local environment (Version: 2.36.4434.362 64-bit (June 2016)), we cannot reproduce this issue. I tried both Merge Queries and Append Queries, in your scenario, do you used Merge Queries or Append Queries?

Capture.PNG

For the number of tables that can be combined in one operation, I don't think there is such a limitation, you can append three or more tables.
Capture1.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Charlie,

Thank you for responding. We are using Append Queries, but we've run into issues when the number of queries reaches a high enough number in a single operation (I think at around 14 it stopped working). What's the maximum number of queries you were able to combine?

However, that isn't my primary question. I was just hoping someone here might be aware of any limitations in Append Queries. My question is why my hidden Query won't stay hidden. How can I diagnose and fix this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.