Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shaikarshad29
Frequent Visitor

Exclude Columns used from one visual (table) when cross filtering other visual (trend line chart)

Hi,

I have a table visual which have Date, Category, Product, Sales Columns in one table. And a Trend of Category sales in another line chart which uses sales as y axis and date as x-axis. I want the functoonality of cross filtering from table to show the line related to the category if any row is selected from table, however, I do not want the date filter propagating from table visual to line chart. How can I implement this functionality such that, category filter is applied to the trend line but not the date filter on cross filtering:

Below is the screenshot:

Crossfilteringexplanationexample.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@shaikarshad29 , Small change in the formula is also required.

Refer to the attached file

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@shaikarshad29 , one of the options is to have two date tables and use different date tables on the axis on two visuals. Both date tables are joined with your fact

I am still seeing the same issue:

My two date tables relationship:

shaikarshad29_0-1667422260548.png

Table visual uses primary date table:

shaikarshad29_1-1667422323805.png

Chart visual uses secondary date table:

shaikarshad29_2-1667422359240.png

Still getting the same behavior withd ate filter applied:

shaikarshad29_3-1667422420515.png

Appreciate any further help

@shaikarshad29 , Small change in the formula is also required.

Refer to the attached file

Thanks Amit, this worked. So basically anyone else looking for more details: To resolve this issue, you need two date columns which have a relationship as suggested above and then add "REMOVEFILTERS()" dax in your measure formulae. In my case I had two date columns one date was used in the table visual which cross filters and the other date column on x-axis of chart for which I don't want the filtering to propagate, and the measure used in y-axis has "REMOVEFILTERS()" applied on the date column used in table visual: 

shaikarshad29_0-1670276550530.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.