Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shaikarshad29
Frequent Visitor

Exclude Columns used from one visual (table) when cross filtering other visual (trend line chart)

Hi,

I have a table visual which have Date, Category, Product, Sales Columns in one table. And a Trend of Category sales in another line chart which uses sales as y axis and date as x-axis. I want the functoonality of cross filtering from table to show the line related to the category if any row is selected from table, however, I do not want the date filter propagating from table visual to line chart. How can I implement this functionality such that, category filter is applied to the trend line but not the date filter on cross filtering:

Below is the screenshot:

Crossfilteringexplanationexample.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@shaikarshad29 , Small change in the formula is also required.

Refer to the attached file

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@shaikarshad29 , one of the options is to have two date tables and use different date tables on the axis on two visuals. Both date tables are joined with your fact

I am still seeing the same issue:

My two date tables relationship:

shaikarshad29_0-1667422260548.png

Table visual uses primary date table:

shaikarshad29_1-1667422323805.png

Chart visual uses secondary date table:

shaikarshad29_2-1667422359240.png

Still getting the same behavior withd ate filter applied:

shaikarshad29_3-1667422420515.png

Appreciate any further help

@shaikarshad29 , Small change in the formula is also required.

Refer to the attached file

Thanks Amit, this worked. So basically anyone else looking for more details: To resolve this issue, you need two date columns which have a relationship as suggested above and then add "REMOVEFILTERS()" dax in your measure formulae. In my case I had two date columns one date was used in the table visual which cross filters and the other date column on x-axis of chart for which I don't want the filtering to propagate, and the measure used in y-axis has "REMOVEFILTERS()" applied on the date column used in table visual: 

shaikarshad29_0-1670276550530.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.