Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sm_talha
Resolver II
Resolver II

Enable different RLS for specific reports connected to a shared dataset

Hi All, 

Hope you all are well. 

All of our reports are referencing data from a shared dataset. The RLS is applied on this dataset and is working fine. Now, I have a requirement to create another RLS role and activate that role for only one report (ideally for visual). I have been working on that for a while now but I am not able to find a solution for it. Because adding a separate RLS role simply bypassing the existing role and effecting our existing reports.   

Would you guys please help how can we activate a specific RLS for one report or ideally a visual only. I'd appreciate any help. 

Thank you!   

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sm_talha , Create a measure using userprincipalname , that can filter data

and then use that is visual level filter, see if this approach can help

Thanks for the suggestion but I am sorry I think I am not getting what uou saying. 

I have already applied a dynamic RLS which uses the userprincipalname and restricts data at organization's hierarchy levels. 

I need to apply a similar RLS role, and that is actually bypassing the existing RLS. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.