Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JCouture
Frequent Visitor

Stacked Columns not showing all data labels

Hello, 

I'm new to Power Bi and am having an issue with showing some data labels off of a stacked column chart that I have.

The labels appear as expected within the larger portion of the graph, but I would like to also show the amount of the smaller, less visible portion on the top.

Columns.PNG

Is there a way that I could show the labels outside the columns for the dark blue sections?

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, at least not for that visual. Pie chart or donut charts do offer you the possibility to place them "outside end" but not stacked column charts. Indeed is a gap. You can workaround it with a tooltip if the options I suggested you does not fit your need. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scale & size of the visual matters a lot when putting data labels. Since the dark blue portion of the column is quite small, labels will never fit, even if you try to reduce to the minimum the data label size. 

Try playing a bit with the data lebel options per series:

Raymundo2910_0-1657225233396.png

Or switch the visual to a stacked bar chart, clustered bar chart or clustered column chart.  Hope this helps. 

Thanks for your input.

Is there really no way to do this? Even having the data labels outside of the dark blue section would be fine. This seems to be a considerable oversight on the part of the developers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, at least not for that visual. Pie chart or donut charts do offer you the possibility to place them "outside end" but not stacked column charts. Indeed is a gap. You can workaround it with a tooltip if the options I suggested you does not fit your need. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.