Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alya1
Helper II
Helper II

Easy way to create org chart with only employee ID and supervisor employee ID (and names)?

Hi everyone, 

Many custom visualizations require levels but I have a list of 3000 people as below:

Employee Name Employee ID Supervisor Employee Name Supervisor Employee ID 
Abby123Jane111
Jane111James321
Bobby567James321

etc.

Does anyone know of a way to create organization chart just from these details? Or how to add levels to table above?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You use the PATH functions for that.  Beware:  Your Supervisor Employee IDs MUST also appear in the Employee ID column.

Hey lbendlin! Yeah I tried to follow https://medium.com/@gulcekincrk/have-you-ever-wondered-how-to-create-an-organizational-hierarchy-in-...
But my results for Path column is just the employee ID and Level1 is also just employee ID 😞 

Please provide sample data that fully covers your issue.
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Ah, it's a bit difficult to create an encompassing sample data due to amount/uniqueness of actual data, my apologies. But I deleted a bunch of rows in the actualy data and the PATH function works now! Since I have 9 levels in total but since all IDs are 3-6 numbers long and there is no "1," do you know of a custom visual org chart that can display my data?

please parse the Visuals store for hierachy slicers or org chart visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.