Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

matthiashh
Regular Visitor

Dynamically display selected hierarchy level in chart title

When you create a bar chart with a hierarchy assigned to the x-axis, the automatically generated chart title reflects the hierarchy level selected by the user. 
I have not been able to create this functionality with a custom chart title.

The only DAX measure that could provide this information seems to me to be INSCOPE().

But that only works for the chart elements themselves. 

It seems that there is no hierarchy context for the chart title. This is true in a way and I understand the logic behind it.

But still, the automatic title reacts to the chosen hierarchy. 

Why is this not carried over to the context of the diagram title to enable custom titles that reac to the chosen hierarchy level?

Is there another idea or measure that does the trick?

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@matthiashh ,
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

refer this

https://www.kasperonbi.com/use-isinscope-to-get-the-right-hierarchy-level-in-dax/

Hi. I'd like to provide an example. But cannot figure out how to upload it here ... 

Hi @matthiashh ,

You could share your file on a  public link,remember to remove confidential data.

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.