Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bcobrien1977
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dynamic Legend Based upon Slicer- Error Counting

Hi,

I have a visual where I want the user to select either the Requesting Side or Receiving Side and then be able to get a count of the items. 

I have a table that has all of the exhaustive list of requesting and receiving VS/SS and basically I want the chart to update with what I select and have the correct count.

My problem is that the below measure is saying that it can't convert the VS/SS A to be a true false and I am getting an error on the count. 

AttributeVS/SS
Requesting SideA
Requesting SideA
Requesting SideA
Requesting SideA
Requesting SideA
Receiving SideB
Receiving SideB
Receiving SideB
Receiving SideB
Receiving SideB

I created a measure 

Unique Counts =
VAR SelectedType =
    SELECTEDVALUE('Axis Table'[Attribute])
VAR Selected_Value =
    VALUES ('Axis Table'[Value Stream/Shared Service])
RETURN
    SWITCH (
        SelectedType ,
        "Receiving Side", CALCULATE ( DISTINCTCOUNT(vwJiraDependencies_UAT[IssueKey] ), 'RECEIVING SIDE'[Receiving Side] IN Selected_Value),
        CALCULATE ( DISTINCTCOUNT(vwJiraDependencies_UAT[IssueKey] ), 'REQUESTIING SIDE'[Requesting Side]

Any insight on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. The Attribute table and the main table are connected. 
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IssueRequestingReceiving
1AB
2AB
3CA
4DA
5CD
6BC
7DA
8BC
9DA

Basically I want to be able to filter on either receiving or requesting side  and show the Attrbiute

Example show me receiving and pick Attribute A and get the copy of B, C, D, etc.   I am getting an error that the text can't be converted to true/false.  If you don't mind sharing the PBIX file, that would be great.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bcobrien1977
Helper IV
Helper IV

Can you attach your file?  There is something that I am missing.

@bcobrien1977 Sure! Please find attached.

ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@bcobrien1977  Thanks for providing the sample data.

Here is my solution:

Steps:

1. Unpivot the main data table for the Receiving and Requesting column. The table should look like this after Unpivot:

ghoshabhijeet_1-1684272001908.png

2. Create the relationship between the two tables. The data model should look like this.

ghoshabhijeet_0-1684271912623.png

3.  Create a measure for Unique Count:

Unique Count =
CALCULATE (
COUNT ( 'Issue Table'[Value] ),
'Issue Table'[Value] = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Issue Table'[Value] )
)

4. Create a slicer and chart in the Report. The visual should look like this:

ghoshabhijeet_5-1684272229195.png

ghoshabhijeet_4-1684272213588.png

Hope this helps.

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

Thanks.  I am assuming that your attribute table literally has two rows, 1 receiving and 1 requesting? Otherwise you have a many to many relationship.

ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@bcobrien1977  Thanks for your query. Can you please provide some dummy data of your main table. Would be easier to build the calculation. Thanks !

IssueRequestingReceiving
1AB
2AB
3CA
4DA
5CD
6BC
7DA
8BC
9DA

Basically I want to be able to filter on either receiving or requesting side  and show the Attrbiute

Example show me receiving and pick Attribute A and get the copy of B, C, D, etc.   I am getting an error that the text can't be converted to true/false.  If you don't mind sharing the PBIX file, that would be great.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.