Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CloudMonkey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Database refresh timestamp

Hi,

I'm looking to have a parameter that tells me the date/time that my database was refreshed. If I just create a calculated column with the NOW() function would that work? Would anything cause that value to change other than me pressing the data "Refresh" button?

Thanks,

CM

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @CloudMonkey,

You can get your answer from the below mentioned URL:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/report/powerbi/add-last-refresh-time?view=azure-devops

Please mark this as a Solution so it may help others!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

Thim
Resolver V
Resolver V

Two answers.

First answer:

You can make it as a column first on your data table. Then it should only be updated, when the data is updated. But you do need to offset it if you want to show the correct time online.

For my country it is NOW() + (02/24)

Reason for the offset, is the Now formula responds to were the actual data is being held, and not from the viewers, or yours position.

But if your country have daylight save time, then you will need to change this each time the time difference changes.

Second Answer: 

If it is to show online for the viewers, i would suggest, they switch over to the new Look, as this actualy shows the update time on the top. (Just noticed this today)

Hope this will help.

Time Stamp.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Thim
Resolver V
Resolver V

Two answers.

First answer:

You can make it as a column first on your data table. Then it should only be updated, when the data is updated. But you do need to offset it if you want to show the correct time online.

For my country it is NOW() + (02/24)

Reason for the offset, is the Now formula responds to were the actual data is being held, and not from the viewers, or yours position.

But if your country have daylight save time, then you will need to change this each time the time difference changes.

Second Answer: 

If it is to show online for the viewers, i would suggest, they switch over to the new Look, as this actualy shows the update time on the top. (Just noticed this today)

Hope this will help.

Time Stamp.PNG

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @CloudMonkey,

You can get your answer from the below mentioned URL:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/report/powerbi/add-last-refresh-time?view=azure-devops

Please mark this as a Solution so it may help others!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.