Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

guh950
Employee
Employee

Data showing up in Data view but not in Report view with visual

I have a weird problem, and it seems straightforward to fix but I've run out of potential fixes. So here's my issue:

I have a column filtering by "Open Nomination". I have a data point showing up in the Data view but is not visualizing on my report:

Screenshot 2022-05-27 121942.jpg

My problem is, the data shows up in my Data view:

Screenshot 2022-05-27 121914.jpg

Now here's what I've tried to remedy it:

1) standardized so there shouldn't be discrepancies in the strings

2) Trimmed text in query editor:

Screenshot 2022-05-27 122008.jpg

3) ensured that the PBI is refreshed (both connection and overall report refreshed multiple times) but to no avail. I can see that the data is populating, but not showing up in the visual.

How do I debug this further to make sure that the filtering matches the field so that this shows up on my report?

3 REPLIES 3
Justin-FX

I am having the same issue with two columns. PBI Desktop is up to date. PBI user for 5 years.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @guh950,

According to your decision, it sounds like the data are stored in your data mode table but it not rendered and displayed in your visual?

What version of power bi desktop are you woked on? Did the issue appear on the specific types of visuals? Can you please share some more detailed information about the issue?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

This can be cleared up very quickly if you link the pbix.

---

Apart from that , let's assume that either the data model is not behaving in a way you expect OR a filter or slicer is affecting the visual OR a measure in the visual does not have a value and therefore is not shown.

--

You should investigate those and also, if you like, create a table on a new report page (no filters or slicers).  Make the table have one field 'story stage'.  Does 'open nomination' show in the table?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.