Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brianvpowerbi
Frequent Visitor

Data over Years by Day in Month view

Hello,

My data set is very simple, it has 2 columns, one for Date and the other for Value.  The dates range from January 2011 through current day(by day).  I need to display a line chart where the legend is years, thus showing 7 lines(one for each year) and viewed by month.  However, i do not want to aggregate by month but rather show the unique daily values in the month view.  Please help.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I believe what you would want to do is to put Date in your Axis (not the hierarchy), in your Legend put Date | Year and in your Values put your Value column. I believe that will get you what you want.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

That does not seem to get the desired outcome.  If we use excel, below is an example of what I am looking for:2017-02-22 09_21_40-.png

OK, try putting Date hierarchy into the axis and drill down (double arrows not the double split arrows) to the Day

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

2017-02-22 10_06_24.png

this only shows the aggregate sum by day of month, not days of year

@brianvpowerbi

Hi, Add the columns like in the image and finally Clik in Go to Lowest Level

Days.png

Lima - Peru

This is close, but i dont need to see the X-Axis incremented by day, but rather increments of 30 day periods.

Hi @brianvpowerbi,

Based on my testing, the solution provided by @Vvelarde above should work in your scenario. Have you tried it? If you still have any question feel free to post here.Smiley Happy

In addition, if the solution works, could you accept the corresponding reply as solution to help others who may have similar issue easily find the answer and close this thread?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.