Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Yuiitsu
Helper V
Helper V

Data label Display Unit

Dear Experts

Once again I seek help of experts here with regard to the display unit for data labels.

I want the line to show in % but the column in Millions. Is that possible?

When I change my display unit to millions it will change my line as well.

Please take a look at my SS.

Capture.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yuiitsu ,

You could set unit in line and clustered column chart like below(you need to make sure you set this in Y-axis(column))

640.PNG

In addition , you said that "When I change my display unit to millions it will change my line as well", which part change? Please inform me in details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yuiitsu , 

Did you enable secondary axis? 

643.PNG

Then slip Scroll Bar in this list, you should see it . What is your desktop version?

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yuiitsu ,

You could set unit in line and clustered column chart like below(you need to make sure you set this in Y-axis(column))

640.PNG

In addition , you said that "When I change my display unit to millions it will change my line as well", which part change? Please inform me in details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

@dax 

Just another question, If I want to change the Display unit for Line where do I do it?

Thank you!

I did not thought of changing the display unit in Y-axis.

I changed in "Data Label" and this is what happened:

tempsnip.jpg

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yuiitsu , 

Yes, when you change unit in "Data Label", it will aplly to both line and column, this is by design. So I suggest you could change this in Y-axis, which should work.

In addition, you could change line unit in Y-axis(you will see in it Y-axis(line))

641.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

I have checked afew times, but I do not have Y-Axis(line) ....

Any idea why?

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yuiitsu , 

Did you use "Line and clustered column chart"? If so, when you add field in column and line, you could click Y-axis

642.PNG

Then  when Y axis expand, you could slip Scroll Bar, then you will see it(because it have two y-axis, you could set them separately)

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Capture.JPGCapture 2.JPGCapture 3.JPG

Its definately line and clustered column chart. But definately no Y-axis(line)

Could you think of any reason why? =(

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yuiitsu , 

Did you enable secondary axis? 

643.PNG

Then slip Scroll Bar in this list, you should see it . What is your desktop version?

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

I did not click show secondary. Now I am able to do it.

Thank you for your patience in helping me thank you very much!!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I was actually checking into this earlier today on a different thread. I cannot find any way that you can independently control the data labels between columns and line.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thank you for confirming!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.