Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nesselman
Helper I
Helper I

Data is in "Data View" but will not show in Table Randomly

Data View

nesselman_0-1680175090203.png

Table, all dollars are currency and summarized

nesselman_1-1680175473169.png

Data is accurate in Query too.

Other details:  If I refresh on my desktop using ODBC connector, then all the data displays.  I can then publish it and the data will show online.  Once an auto refresh occurs online using the gateway connector the data stops showing.

When I download a copy of that online refreshed pbix and look at it (without refreshing on desktop), the data is in the Date View table and doesn't show in the visual. That is shown in the two screen shots above.

I have rebuilt the table from scratch.  Checked all filters. Removed all slicers. Built new PBI file using the Dataset from this one.
We have compared versions of Connectors and Settings.

Built a measure" __CalculatedSum = CALCULATE(SUM(DSR_Collections[Collections (Net)])) and you guessed it, BLANK

Of course as soon as I refresh on my desktop, data populates as seen below:

nesselman_2-1680176629514.png

and looks exactly the same in Data View:

nesselman_3-1680176690115.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nesselman
Helper I
Helper I

This has been resolved.

Interestingly, as stated above.  After an online refresh and downloading complete pbix file, I could see the data in the Data View.  However, if I went to the dataset and selected Analyze in Excel, the data was not there.  I can not explain why it would be in the Data View (sorry).

Ultimately what happened was with a connector update it brought some data over as "nulls" and not "zeros".  So those two calulated columns were failing.  Inserting a Replace Values (null = 0) resolved this sneaky issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nesselman
Helper I
Helper I

This has been resolved.

Interestingly, as stated above.  After an online refresh and downloading complete pbix file, I could see the data in the Data View.  However, if I went to the dataset and selected Analyze in Excel, the data was not there.  I can not explain why it would be in the Data View (sorry).

Ultimately what happened was with a connector update it brought some data over as "nulls" and not "zeros".  So those two calulated columns were failing.  Inserting a Replace Values (null = 0) resolved this sneaky issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.