Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

karimkz
Advocate I
Advocate I

DAX reference to current row value??

Hello!
I can't find a solution for this lilttle problem.
Here is the dataset, it has Units and Performance. I want to make a calculated column with a Maximum Performance for each distinct Unit. (hardcoded here below for example purposes)

quetions.png

Should be smth like this:
maximum = CALCULATE(MAX(table[performance]); table[unit] = ***current unit or what...???***))

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @karimkz,

if you are using calculated column:

maximum = CALCULATE(MAX(table[performance]),filter(all(table),  table[unit] = earlier(table[unit])  ) ))

(earlier/earliest will return current row in calculated column expression)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nrichardsonmcs

SUMX (
FILTER (
'NAV - Job Ledger Entry',
'NAV - Job Ledger Entry'[Job_No] = EARLIER('NAV - Job Ledger Entry'[Job_No])
&& 'NAV - Job Ledger Entry'[AuxiliaryIndex1] <= EARLIER('NAV - Job Ledger Entry'[AuxiliaryIndex1])
&& LEFT ( 'NAV - Job Ledger Entry'[Job_Task_No], 1 ) =Left(EARLIER('NAV - Job Ledger Entry'[Job_Task_No],1)) && 'NAV - Job Ledger Entry'[Type] = "Usage"
),
'NAV - Job Ledger Entry'[Quantity]
)

Hello All, 

I've tried using the earlier function to try and calculate a running total but end up returning nothing on this. Only returns Blanks. This is trying to calculate the rolling total for each row in the table based on certain criteria (Job No., Left(Job Task No, 1) and AuxilaryIndex 1) any help would be appreciated on this if you can spot where i'm going wrong. 

Regards

Nate
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @karimkz,

if you are using calculated column:

maximum = CALCULATE(MAX(table[performance]),filter(all(table),  table[unit] = earlier(table[unit])  ) ))

(earlier/earliest will return current row in calculated column expression)

What if its a measure? I want the average rate benchmark for any given bid to be calculated across all bids with that same location and job role. The approach of using EARLIER does not work within a measure.

=CALCULATE(AVERAGEX('Bids','Bids'[Hourly Rate]), FILTER(ALL('Projects'), 'Projects'[Location] = 'Projects'[Location] && 'Projects'[Job Role] = 'Projects'[Job Role]))

Spurta
Frequent Visitor

Did you ever figure out how to incorporate this into a Measure? I'm struggling with something similar.

Hopefully you guys figured this out, amazing how difficult to get this simple stuff done in the context of Power Pivot. I really think they should blend the functionalities of Excel and Power Pivot all together. There are things that can be done in 5 seconds in Excel, but would take 5 days to learn to how to get in PP, and vice versa.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.