Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

smithmc3
Advocate I
Advocate I

Custom Sorting

So I am trying to sort based on Submission Status  and want to show the status in sequence order.  Additionally, we have developed slightly different names that we want to display for users.  I created a separate table to relate the old name (OName) to the new name (NNAme) and put in another column for the order in which we want them to show (Order).  Phase.PNGPhase Sort.PNG

I could not get it to sort based on the Order column no matter how I added it.  As a temporary work around I added it to the NName column as shown above.  Any thoughts on how I can get it to sort by the order column?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

select the OName column - Modeling Tab - click Sort By Column - select Order from the dropdown Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @smithmc3,

Please refer to the screenshot below to change oders of you Axis items.
Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @smithmc3,

Please refer to the screenshot below to change oders of you Axis items.
Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

So, I tried that and it stays the same, thoughts?

Custom_Sort Update.png

Thanks guys! I refreshed the data a few times and saved and now it seems to be working! 

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

select the OName column - Modeling Tab - click Sort By Column - select Order from the dropdown Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.