I have been working on a custom connector (to HubSpot API) and have been able to create the .mez file, locate it into the "Custom Connectors" folder, and attempt to connect in PowerBI desktop.
Unfortunately, when I make edits to the package and post an updated .mez to the "Custom Connectors" folder, I can no-longer see the connector in the PowerBI Get Data dialog. Other 3rd party custom connectors are visible and I can add new custom connectors that are visible when I drop them into the folder, but I can't see anything that I've updated.
I have tried removing entirely, restarting PowerBI, rebuilding the .mez, etc. without any success. Only if I create an entirely new package with a different name am I able to see the connector (which is a tedious way of debugging).