Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arooster

Custom Connector - Not Visible After Updating

I have been working on a custom connector (to HubSpot API) and have been able to create the .mez file, locate it into the "Custom Connectors" folder, and attempt to connect in PowerBI desktop. 

Unfortunately, when I make edits to the package and post an updated .mez to the "Custom Connectors" folder, I can no-longer see the connector in the PowerBI Get Data dialog. Other 3rd party custom connectors are visible and I can add new custom connectors that are visible when I drop them into the folder, but I can't see anything that I've updated. 

I have tried removing entirely, restarting PowerBI, rebuilding the .mez, etc. without any success. Only if I create an entirely new package with a different name am I able to see the connector (which is a tedious way of debugging). 

1 REPLY 1
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @arooster ;

Try to create the 2 folders "Microsoft Power BI Desktop" and then "Custom Connectors" so that you have the full path. Then restart Power BI
\Documents\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors

Unable to see Custom Connectors folder in Win 10 Power BI Desktop App · Issue #2 · jamf/powerbi · Gi...

Custom Connector Icon Not showing in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.