Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

anwarbi
Helper II
Helper II

Creating Multiple relationship between two duplicate tables

Hi,

I have two tables (one is duplicate) both have got same data. I have created a many to many relationship between two fields named as 'rating'. I want to create few more relationships between the two tables for 'Country' and 'region' field, but it seems since there is already an active relationship between 'rating' fields, it is not allowing me to create any further relationship.

I there a way I can create multiple relationship between idenitical fields of the two table. 

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
DominoPBI
Frequent Visitor

Hi @anwarbi 

I reccommend you this article about USERELATIONSHIP. I think it will be helpful 

Power BI: DAX Function USERELATIONSHIP Explained (pragmaticworks.com)

HughLa
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @anwarbi 

You can only have one active relationship between two tables, the rest will be inactive. To activate the relationship you have to use the USERELATIONSHIP function.

Regards

Hugh

Hi,

I tried using USERELATIONSHIP function in a measure (as below) but it is not giving results.

Distinct count of clients = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('2021 (Peers-EDF)'[Client]),USERELATIONSHIP('2021 (2)'[Country],'2021 (Peers-EDF)'[Country]),USERELATIONSHIP('2021 (2)'[Regions],'2021 (Peers-EDF)'[Regions]))

Is this measure incorrect

What you are trying to achieve does not make complete sense. 

Why are you connecting the two duplicate tables to each other? Would you be able to explain what you are trying to achieve, maybe we can find a better way to do it.

Hugh

Hi,

I want to compare the scores of a client lets say 'ABC" with other clients called as peer group which is dynamic based on slicer selection (so there will be different clients grouped together) and I want to represent them in a single chart, hence I have created duplicate table inorder to fit both the client and peer group in a single chart.

Thanks

Are you able to put here some screenshots to let us understand what is your idea? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.